Colophon (How this site was made)

After making dozens of Wordpress sites, I was getting tired of the unending upgrades, piles of plugins, hacky custom page types, and lousy performance. Sure, I had found a solution to the performance issues in W3 Total Cache but this kludge made sites more difficult to maintain. A lighter solution was in order. Thankfully, at this same time static site generators were coming up like weeds. Since I already had some experience with PHP from using Wordpress, I tried Stacey, a "Lightweight Content Management System". A step in the right direction, but after creating a few simple sites, I continued my search, with some specific criteria in mind.

The Goal:

The Stack:

The Source: